Who Am I

Sitting at the window sill at midnight,
My thoughts wander to places unseen.
Pictures of me,
And who I am.
Looking at my messed up desk,
Pages inked with thoughts unsaid,
Quotes marked in worn out books,
Scribbled sheets and torn pages,
And I see that this is me.
My inked skin,
And reckless acts,
Scars from tripping over stones,
Marks telling stories untold,
And I see that this is me.
Pictures of friends, family and strangers,
Smiles spread in hanging pictures,
Acquaintances I wish I had known a bit more,
Memories of people from times very old,
And I see that this is me.
The 'to do' lists,
And uncompleted targets,
Achievements and rewards,
Amid the many conquests,
And I see that this is me.
And then those things I don't know,
My ignorance towards the universe,
And things I turn a blind eye to.
My lack of wisdom to understand,
The many intricacies of life.
And I see that this too
Builds up a part of me.
This is me!

Comments

Popular Posts