Your Belongings

Walking past the blue alleys,
Ten years ago,
Here I had spent my days.
Sipping coffee, penning thoughts,
Here I had tied some knots.
When amid the myriad I saw your face,
I built a memory I cannot erase.
Giggles and laughter, teasing and fighting,
Nothing, had it not been for you that I was writing.

And now I call you 'someone I knew',
Back when I was twenty two.
Locked up against the demons of the past,
Love, how we thought it would last!
And still in my dreams you say goodbye,
Last time you did, my eyes wouldn't dry.
Nights dead and days worn out,
Did we know it would be such a rout?

I walked away but you wouldn't say,
How terribly you wanted me to stay.
I sold the place we made memories in,
And tore away all those tea shop bills.
Different cities but they had the same nights,
Tangled limbs in empty whites.
Dark eyes and sore morning,
And I was just stuck over your belongings!

Comments

Popular Posts