Love, Simply.

I don't want the love of a lifetime
And eternal love story
Fighting against time and distance
I want a love that has you as you
And me as me
And us living simply
Every day that life gifts us
A chance to be next to each other
I want evenings filled with silence
And also with the warmth of tea and an embrace
I want mornings to be quiet
Where I can hear the birds
And your heartbeat
When I lay on your chest
I want walks that are long
Into the aisles on canopying trees
I want a love that's reassuring
On days when I don't feel like me
I want us to share thoughts
Like how we share our biscotti
Sometimes it's equal
Other days it's uneven, still sweet
I want a love that's mine
For as long as it can be
Don't stay forever, but stay just for me
Whether it's for a lifetime
Or just sometime in between

Comments

Popular Posts